Miyerkules, Abril 26, 2017

Native Pinoy Dish-- in a coffee shop?.

The municipality of Pateros has been known for one thing -balut eggs. A balut eggs are an unborn baby duck, eaten with saltand vinegar. But that's not what this blog is about. Honestly, I just live atleast one tricycle away from the city, but I rarely go there because I thought the city has nothing to offer besides Villa Monice, a private resort where we used to go to when I was a kid, and a cemetery called eternal garden of memories where a lot of my dead relatives are buried so every halloween  go thereto visist their remains.


But, recently I got the chance to come and visit Pateros once again and wow a lot has changed. Improvements are great. Besides that, I never thought that this place can't handle coffee shops but oh boy I was wrong.

Recently, a new coffee shop along M. Almeda St. Pateros City was opened. It's not Starbucks or coffee bean or Seattle's best. It is called Start up Cafe. I just tried their start up cheese burger with a four seasons drink and INUTAK with ice cream... Wait what???? INUTAK with ice cream?

Inutak is a native FILIPINO dish made with layered rice. It's taste is somewhat similar to sapin sapin. In this coffee shop, it is sold as a dessert topped with ice cream. Now, I just discovered while making a research about this, that Inutak with ice cream was already done years ago even before this coffee shop existed (sorry!).

Anyways, I just discovered this and I just tasted it for an affordable price of just P55 per cup, not bad! And besides coffee shops rarely offer a native filipino dish in their menu so it's a huge plus for start up cafe.

The dish is really good. The sweet native taste of Inutak together with ice cream is something that will convince you to visit the place again, oh so good! I promise.

Of course besides this dessert, they also offer the common menus other big coffee shops usually offer at the same price, the difference is the location of this coffee shop is a residential area so that's a huge plus.

So if you're a fan of coffee shops like me, this place is  highly recommended.




 

 

 
If you wanted to know more, you can visit their ,
 


KAMPAII!!!



 

1 komento: